Fall Bank Industrial Estate
For directions and map please visit: Google Maps
Registered number: 3884577
What personal information does SolidCAM UK Ltd collect from me?
SolidCAM UK Ltd does not accumulate personal information about individuals except when specifically and knowingly provided by such individuals either to SolidCAM UK Ltd direct, via SolidCAM Ltd, or partner companies whom have been given permission by yourself to pass on your information.
Examples of personal information include:
- Your name
- Your job title/role
- The company’s name (The name of the organisation you work for)
- Your postal address (This could be a personal address or company address dependent on which one that you have supplied us with.)
- Your email address and contact telephone number (Again you decide if these will be company or personal contact details.)
- The type of industry that you work in
- Any purchases you make with SolidCAM, including any interest you may have for future reference.
Why do we process your data?
- To react to your sales enquiry or other general inbound enquiry.
- To manage any training course or service bookings.
- To record what products you have purchased from SolidCAM UK.
- To record any interest you have in our products and/or services.
- To record, track and monitor technical support calls that you report on our e-support site. This enables us to provide you with the best service, ensure that your enquiries are dealt with promptly, and enables you to look back at any solutions you may have been given in the past.
- To keep you up to date with and invite you to any of our latest, relevant events, training courses or webinars that we are producing, or to keep you up to date with new advances in our products and services. Please note that we will only send you ‘marketing emails’ should you have ‘double opted-in’ on our mailing list. (If you would like to be on our mailing list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an ‘opt-in’ email.
Personal information is collected when someone enquires about SolidCAM UK Ltd’s services, and in the case of the business being sold, would form part of the sale.
Your right to ‘opt’ out:
SolidCAM UK will only send you ‘marketing emails’ should you have ‘double opted-in’ on our mailing list. You then have the right to ‘opt-out’ at any point, by clicking on ‘unsubscribe’ on any communication sent to you.
How long do we keep your data for?
Your data is kept safe and securely on our CRM system, and will be kept for as long as necessary, or until you ask us to remove it. We continually review our database, and if you would like to know more about what information we store about you, or how we store it, then please contact us on 01226 241744 or by email to email@example.com.
SolidCAM UK does not pass on your personal information without being instructed to do so by yourself. Your information may be passed to partner companies such as CAD resellers, CNC machine manufacturers etc with permission from yourself, to help you with your enquiry.
The design, logos and contents of the website are the property of SolidCAM UK Ltd and SolidCAM Ltd. Copying the website is prohibited and its purpose is to provide information about the services SolidCAM UK Ltd offers.
Access to your data is password protected. To protect data stored on SolidCAM UK’s server, our network management company is responsible for:
- ensuring all systems, services and equipment used for storing data meet acceptable security standards.
- Performing regular checks and scans to ensure security hardware and software is functioning properly.
- Evaluating any third party services the company is considering using to store or process data. For instance, cloud computing services
Emails sent to SolidCAM UK:
Computer viruses could be transmitted by email. SolidCAM UK Ltd accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by emails. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. It is possible that information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. SolidCAM UK Ltd does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of an email, which arise as a result of email transmission. Emails sent to us may be saved so that we have accurate records on the services that we provide you with, so that we can provide the best customer service possible.
Information Commissioners Office:
SolidCAM UK are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
Cookies are small text files that are positioned on your computer by websites that you visit. They are extensively used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information about how the website is used.
We use the following cookies on our website:
- A number of Google analytics cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports which help us to improve our website.
These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, we are NOT able to identify individual users from these cookies.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Legitmate Interest Assessment:
What is the ‘legitimate interests’ basis?
Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR gives you a lawful basis for processing where: “processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.”
This can be broken down into a three-part test:
- Purpose test: are you pursuing a legitimate interest?
- Necessity test: is the processing necessary for that purpose?
- Balancing test: do the individual’s interests override the legitimate interest?
- Why do you want to process the data? To provide the best customer service to our customers and prospects, and promote our services and products.
- What benefit do you expect to get from the processing? To provide the best customer service to our customers and prospects.
- Do any third parties benefit from the processing? Third parties only benefit should the customer or prospect instruct / confirm that the data can be passed onto a third party.
- Are there any wider public benefits to the processing? Our products and services can help companies to become more competitive within their industry which then leads to companies lowering their prices and improving product performance, and lead times. Some customers even manufacture products that have social, economic and charitable advantages.
- How important are the benefits that you have identified? https://www.solidcam.com/imachining-the-revolution-in-cnc-machining/imachining-benefits/
- What would the impact be if you couldn’t go ahead with the processing? Companies would not be aware of the benefits that our products and services could provide them with.
- Are there any other ethical issues with the processing? No
- Will this processing actually help you achieve your purpose? Yes
- Is the processing proportionate to that purpose? We provide our contacts the ability to ‘opt-out’ at any time, by either contacting us on 01226 241744, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by clicking on ‘unsubscribe’ on the communication received by the individual from SolidCAM UK.
- Can you achieve the same purpose without the processing? Alternative methods include cold calling, which many contacts do not like. This method is also not an effective method in describing all of the benefits of our services and products. Contacts are able to look at the information in a ‘marketing email’ at their leisure. Adverts in magazines and newspapers are often missed by our customers and prospective clients. SolidCAM UK will only process data that is necessary to help us provide the best customer service.
- Is it special category data or criminal offence data? SolidCAM UK does not request any Special Category Data or Criminal Offence Data. This would not be relevant for our business in anyway.
- Is it data which people are likely to consider particularly ‘private’? Data stored on our database is only stored once given to us by the client, that they believe is necessary for us to provide the best customer service possible, and provide them with products and services that are relevant to them.
- Are you processing children’s data or data relating to other vulnerable people? We would not knowingly collect or store Personal Data from children. We are dedicated to defending the privacy of children and if we were to become aware that such information had been collected, we would treat that data as sensitive. We do not collect or store data about Vulnerable people.
- Is the data about people in their personal or professional capacity? The data processed is regarding to either their professional interest in our products and / or services, or their personal interest in our products and / or services due to carrying out a hobby or seeking qualifications for employment reasons.